If you write in a journal, chances are you have reached a place at some point when you simply did not want to write in your journal anymore. Perhaps you felt bored with the ritual and it seemed tedious and unfulfilling.
If you don’t write in a journal, maybe that is because you do not see how it is helpful in any way. Or more importantly, maybe you just do not know what you write about in a journal. Maybe you are afraid that once you get started, you will run out of things to write about.
In either case, there are endless things to write about in a journal. If you run out of ideas, just start looking around and paying attention to the world around you and you will find them. Here are some ideas for topics to get you started writing in your journal.
Some of the best topics to write about in your journal are the ones right under your nose:-
- personal life
For example, you might write about:-
- The latest funny thing your child did this week.
- The long-time friend you were recently reunited with.
- Things going on at work that are bothering you.
- Your favorite song that was sung at church last week.
- How your marriage is changing.
- Why your best friend hurt your feelings.
- Reasons why you need new clothes.
- What you want to do in the next five years.
- Things you accomplished, and how it made you feel.
- Stuff you want to remember.
- Special events (birthday parties, anniversary dinners, etc.)
- Changes you want to make in your life.
- Challenges you face and how you can overcome them.
- Problems that need some sort of resolution.
As you can see, there is absolutely no limit to what you can write about in your journal. Use these prompts as a jumping point to dust off your journal again.
done my journal already... ^^